Access to ShareIn and ShareOut for Windows XP (WebDAV)
The ShareIn and ShareOut drives are file repositories shared by BCIT students and faculty.
These shared drives can be accessed both:
- on campus (via mapped drives in computer labs I = Share-In and J = Share Out) or
- remotely (via the use of a WebDAV client). The remote access process is most commonly used when off campus (i.e. home computer) OR when using the BCIT wireless network.
WebDav can be used for files that are less than 50MB in size. You can:
- work directly on your files, rather than downloading and then working on them.
- drag and drop files.
To set up access for Share-In/ Share-Out for XP
- Open My Network Places
- Select Add a Network Place
- Select Next (at the Add Network Place Wizard welcome screen)
- Select Next (at the Add Network Place Wizard choose location screen)
- Enter Internet or Network Address https://myfiles.bcit.ca/share
- Enter your credentials for authentication
Name =your BCIT ID number
Password =your password
- You may see a request to Choose a Digital Certificate
- Type a name of your choice for this network place. The example below uses the default.
- You will see the folders that are available to you in the share drives.
Please Note: Each time you access the share you will be prompted to authenticate. Please use your BCIT ID and password as shown in step 6.
How to get help if you have any problems with the provided instructions.
Please contact the Technology Service Desk at 604-412-7444 option 1, or email the Technology Service Desk at email@example.com .